12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HOLIDAY MUG RUGS

In a quilter's forum I have the pleasure of being a member, we are swapping Mug Rugs for Christmas.  This is my contribution.  

Mug Rugs are great for learning techniques.  I've been experimenting with fabric painting.  The cardinals are hand painted.   
  The star was done with Inklingo Diamond/Triangles/Square Collection (Free)  ...another process that I have been learning and thoroughly enjoying.    I used scraps from my fabric collection.  ...making do with what I have.  This mug rug is hand pieced, hand quilted, and hand embroidered.


Log Cabin Mug Rug and Friends


This is the second mug rug for the swap.  I experimented with my EQ7 and elongated a log cabin block.  It was foundation pieced and machine quilted with a bit of decorative stitch along the edge.   More scraps from my stash.








This picture is of the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment