12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

HARVEST HOME

HARVEST HOME ROUND ROBIN

This wall hanging was started in 1999.  That year in January, the Applique Addicts started meeting at the Quilt Foundry in Maumee Ohio.  Some of us participated in a round robin.  Monthly the quilt would make it's way to the next person and they would create a block with the fabric and backing provided.  My group mates prepared some and I prepared the center, the squirrel, the grapes, the mice, the crow and put it all together.  I found this piece at the bottom of a UFO pile and began reconstruction in December of 2012.  Some of the applique had to be redone.  My grapes, for example, were the grapes of a new appliquer.  Not good.  I began the quilting process in January 2013.  It is all hand quilted.  I just finished it in March and put the binding on in April. 

 

SIGNED LABEL OF HARVEST HOME ROUND ROBIN

At the time the round robin was going around, so was the label.  Each person who worked on the quilt, signed it.  I attached the label to the quilt on April 9, 2013 which happens to be my granddaughter Maddie's 10th birthday.  Happy Birthday Maddie. She wasn't even born when I started this quilt!  I have two granddaughters.  I will try to time a UFO in honor of Emma's Birthday in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment