12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SMALL TABLE TOPPER

QUILT AS YOU GO BLOCK

In 2001 I took a class to learn the quilt as you go technique.  I made this little block and put it away.  When I was organizing my sewing room, I discovered this little project.  I decided to bind it and went into my stash of blue scraps.  I cut out strips and put them together and last night put the binding on.    I'm using it as a table topper for the end table next to my chair.  It fits perfectly and fits a mug a coffee as well as a few other items.

  

Appropriately it's the Courthouse Steps Block.  I've traveled up and down those steps for 35 years and last week for the last time.  My retirement is official.  Even though I will practice law and keep my license to practice, I'm not taking on any new clients. I may go up and down the Federal Court House steps once in a while but not on a regular basis.  

 

And in memorium to Judge Richard L. Speer who has recently passed away, you will be missed.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment