12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Sunday, November 25, 2012

EARTH AND STARS

Earth and Stars

I began this quilt at the turn of our current century.  Just recently found it in my UFO pile and put on the border.  The pattern is my own.   The flowers are dimensional and beaded.  The stars, dove, and leaves are hand appliqued.  Stems are hand embroidered.  It is hand quilted.  I made this quilt to remind myself that space (the background of stars) and earth (the flowers and the dove) are one.  The dove (a symbol of peace) is a reminder that to survive we must all live in peace.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope you display this proudly. What a beauty it is.

    blessings, jill
    found you through quilting gallery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! What size is this quilt? Found you through MSQC and enjoying both blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deborah. It's a small quilt. About 24" x 34".

    ReplyDelete