12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mug Rugs

Mug Rug Digression

 

You might think that I've made no progress in my UFO's since November because I have not posted any pictures of progress since then, but I am progressing.  I just have little tangents that I go on, like MUG RUGS.  

 

First Mug Rug.  I made this from Dear Jane Orphan Blocks.

   

 

 

This first one is from Dear Jane Orphan blocks.  So really it is a UFO.  I started Dear Jane over 10 years ago.  These blocks are hand pieced.  I put two together and hand quilted it and put the binding on.  I had so much fun doing this.  I made another for my husband for Valentines Day.






Valentine Mug Rug For Hubby

Hubby wanted his in burgundy,  but burgundy is not my favorite color.  This is a close as I could come.  Remember, I am not purchasing new fabric...right.

 

OK,  so digging through my years of red and beige collections,  I came up with this.  I quilted this as it was pieced.    I did the log cabin first and then attached the strips of beige.  The heart was then appliqued on...carefully,  I didn't want to go through the back.  Last I put the binding on.  By the way,  making mug rugs is a great way to practice binding.





He loves it.  I took it from him just for a bit to wash it and he had a fit and wanted to know where it was.  Nice to be appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment