12 Days of Christmas

12 Days of Christmas
Work in Progress

Friday, March 1, 2013

Hexagon Mug Rug

Hexagon Mug Rug

Hexagon Mug Rug Back
Hexagons have lately become another minor digression from my task of finishing up my pile of UFO's.  But, this is not an excuse mind you for the diversion, but I'm using up my stash..those little bits and pieces that have no where to go.  The purpose of this journey I began a few years ago was to use what I had already accumulated in fabric.  

These bits and pieces to make the mug rug are very old and they were all in a jumble in a storage bag.  Which led me to another diversion..straightening my collection of bits and pieces into a usable (translation - findable) collection.  I find myself taking more time straightening up my quilt room than doing the actual sewing!  I'm looking for a solution to this conundrum.  

Back to the Mug Rug...it is hand pieced and then the flowers were hand appliqued to the background.  I hand quilted it.  

These little mug rugs I've been doing have been a great way to hone my skills.  I've never been able to put on a decent binding ...but now I think I can.  Not the best, mind you, but it's coming along.  I'm improving my hand quilting too.  Again, not the best, but I'm coming along.  And because the project is small, I'm not getting easily bored.  ...which is why I have so many UFO's in the first place.  



No comments:

Post a Comment